SOS Recovery Community Organization’s recovery trainings are designed by the peer-recovery community for the peer-recovery community.
SOS focuses on workforce development within peer-recovery based settings and have developed curriculums that incorporate principles of adult learning theory to ensure that participants are engaged and learning in a safe learning environment.
The overarching goal of all our trainings is to help trainees advance their understanding of substance use, mental health, and all the individual lived experiences that come into play with these complex issues. These trainings cover a plethora of topics that include:
- Understanding complex nature of problematic drug use and subtance use disorder.
- Understanding power differentials and the impact on our community in peer-recovery settings.
- Identifying local resources.
- Treating people from a strengths based lens with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Ethical considerations when working in peer-recovery support services.
- Preventing self-harm and suicide.
- Harm reduction and community disease control.
- Discussion and strategies around complex issues to improve diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
We hope to build a higher level of understanding by educating our community through a peer-to-peer lens– with advanced levels of understanding comes a higher level of empathy at the individual, family, and community level for those impacted by substance use disorder. It is our hope that through education and a shared commitment by trainees, we can continue to create healthier more compassionate communities with a shared mission to support those experiencing substance use disorder or those that are in recovery. If you want to be a part of this kind of a community, sign up for a training today!
In-Person Trainings Provided Either On-Site or Digitally via Zoom for Your Organization
SOS can provide highly trained trainers for your organization or agency. We will come to you and train your staff, volunteers or participants. We are a NAADAC certifed education provider for most curriculums and we can provide Motivational Interviewing trainings by highly qualified and experienced trainers.
If you are interested in arranging a training or discussing our training services please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 603-841-2350 x1 and ask for John.