Facilitating Family Support Groups
Participants will be able to..
- Describe a family support group
- Examine the roles of a facilitator • Describe the importance of safety in a group and how to foster it
- Identify and discuss co-facilitation in support groups
- Discuss established guidelines and principles to effective facilitation of support groups
- Review verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Identify particular concerns including suicide prevention and trauma-informed care
- Appraise one’s own self-care
- List future training needs.